Peerless Ovens: Home of the Maximizer
The Peerless Ovens story started in Columbus, Ohio, in the late 1800’s — as “Beverly Peerless” — when Frank Beverly began selling restaurants and high-end retailers equipment for their cooking needs. In the early 1900’s Peerless began manufacturing its own products. By 1919, Peerless was producing outdoor BBQ units, multi-level ovens, and an InfraRed rotisserie that was patented in the early 1920’s. In 1934 the company incorporated as the Peerless Stove and Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Starting in the early 1930’s, many new products were added, including a line of restaurant series ranges and pizza ovens.
In 1942, then-owner Clark Beverly uprooted Peerless from Columbus, Ohio, and moved north to Sandusky, where it remains to this day. Sandusky is a small waterfront community known for its vacationland status and roller coasters. In the late 1960’s, the Beverly family sold the business to the James Huntley family. Jim and Barbara Huntley owned Peerless until 1998 when they sold the business to their son Bryan Huntley, making Peerless a fourth generation family business. Before suffering a near fatal stroke, Jim — with the help of Bryan — developed and patented a high-speed InfraRed cooker that helped revolutionize the cooking industry.
Peerless is one of the few remaining family-owned manufacturers of food service equipment in the country today. The company has experienced and survived many challenges in its 90+ year history, maintaining a tradition of producing high quality products at competitive prices.
The “Maximizer” movement began in the mid 1990’s, because Maximizers save time, money and, most importantly, space. Peerless Maximizers cost less to buy, operate and maintain than other brands on the market today, and, they last! In fact, two units that were manufactured back in 1919 are still being made today, serving three different industries across the country.